Updated: 2022-11-03 (Revision log)
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Personal information will be destroyed without delay once it is rendered unnecessary.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
The WriteDiary Android App can be named diffrently on Google Play store in your country/language. We always refer to the app on Google Play with packagename com.adpog.diary. The app can be named "Diary notes", "Tagebuch", "Günlük", "Dagbok", or other. In this policy we refer to this app as WriteDiary.
"Non Personal Information" is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website or servers. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
"Personally Identifiable Information" is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Service. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your name, email address, ip, and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
Information We Collect
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Service.
- Email - (Required only if account is created). If an account is created, your email will be requested and stored. The email is required to sign in, communicate with user, and to reset the password for the account created.
- IP - can be stored for security resons.
As a Visitor, you can browse our website to find out more about our Website. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor. The data will be stored in EU/EEA (see "How do we store your data" section for more details).
Method/Procedure to destruct personal data
(procedures and methods to destroy personal information)
- 1. You may request to erase your data inside the App. Use "Terminate account" option inside the Account details screen. You must be signed in to see the option (top right corner).
- 2. Or, via "Close account" option on the website (see "My Account").
- 3. Or, by sending a "Data erasure" request by email to support.
Notification of overseas transfer
Any personal information submitted will be transferred with encryption (SSL) and stored in WriteDiarys client account with "Digital Ocean" datasenters located in Europe (Digital Ocean, Amsterdam, The Nederlands). On account creation, account username (email) and ip address will be submitted and stored.
Password creation rules
- Passwords should be at least 8 characters, a mixture of two or more of uppercase/lowercase letters (English), numbers, and special characters, or at least 10 digits combining one or more of them.
- A password should be set not to include a series of characters easy to guess, such as a repeated character or a keyboard series of characters. Example of bad and weak passwords: "password", "abcdefgh","12345678", "password1", "iloveyou", etc...
Computer Information Collected
When you use our Service, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website or App. Such information is typically considered Non Personal Information. We also collect the following:
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you're headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
The app requires a few permission to be installed and run. These permission are used to provide a better service.
Find accounts on phone
We can enable autosuggest on the email field used as login-name. This way you dont have to manually type your email, making the signup faster and less error-prone.
This permission lets the app access internet, required to read and store your entries, and other info related to your account/diary.
- Run at startup
This permission let us restart the reminder if you have restarted your phone. Without it, the reminder would not have worked if you had restarted your phone.
Why do we collect information
We collect data to provide you with the best experience. We can also use analytics on our ads campaigns, to know which ads are more successful.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
Customizing Our Service
We may use the Personally Identifiable information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our Service.
Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Service (i.e. payment processors, Website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
- We may share aggregated or anonymous information that cannot identify you with third parties, including but not limited to advisors, advertisers, analytics providers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting business and improving the Services. We are using 3rd party tools as Google AdMob (for Ad serving) and Google FireBase (for analytics of app usage).
- Serving Ads and collecting statistics
We collect statistical (non-identifiable) information on how you use the application so we know what features are being using and based on that to modify application to better match your needs. All data that third-party companies collect is tied to your Android Advertising ID. You can find information on how to edit your ad preferences based on your Google Account settings here.
- Crash reports
Crash reports are sent only if the application crashes. They help us identify problems and release fixes early. We may use Firebase Crashlytics (a 3rd party Google Product) for collecting information regards crashreport.
We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Service and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and Service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of WriteDiary.com, our Users, employees, and affiliates.
How do we store your data
Our Service stores your data at a data center in EU/EEA (3rd party hosting provider "Digital Ocean", Amsterdam, The Netherlands). Data (email, ip) will be transferred to WriteDiary when signing up for an account. The data will be transferred encrypted by use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL), a secure method of transporting digital data. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. For statistical and analytical purposes, 3rd party tools (like Google Analtyics), we may collect data and store this data in US (outside EU/EEA.) You can manually request your data to be deleted by contacting our email support.
We offer you the chance to "opt-out" of having your personally identifiable information used for particular functions, when we ask you for this detail. When you register for the Site, if you do not want to receive any additional material or notifications from us, you can show your preference on our registration form.
Links to Other Websites
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We utilize practical protection measures to safeguard against the loss, abuse, and modification of the individual Data under our control. Personal Data is kept in a secured database and always sent out by means of an encrypted SSL method when supported by your connected client. No Web, app or e-mail transmission is ever totally protected or mistake cost-free. For example, email sent out to or from the Site or app may not be protected. You must take unique care in deciding what info you send to us by means of e-mail, notes and entries, contact form, feedback, or any other use of our websites or apps.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. If you have any questions about our Privacy Practices or this Policy, please contact us at https://www.writediary.com/contact.
- 2018-03-22: Updated section "Security", spesified notes/entries, contact form and feedback as possible ways to send info to us.